Saturday, February 27, 2010

He Does Things I Can't, and I Think I'm Getting Old

Alex and his mad skills... I remember about two years ago come this summer, we used to sit outside, right as it got dark, and he would play for me on his guitar. Some of the best moments I've had were spent in his backyard, with his dogs drooling on me, and the mosquitoes buzzing around my face, and the moths... No, I really enjoyed it, and the dogs didn't drool on me that much. He's been playing guitar for several years now, it's a kind of, release from reality I suppose. He likes to just put one his earphones and play the guitar from various songs he likes. Its kinda a cool skill, I can't just listen to a piano song and play anything even just remotely like it. So he's smart, can play by ear, and can sometimes snowboard, but hey, I can do yoga!!! Fear the flexibility (actually I'm not very flexible, but the Wii Fit Board seems to think so, and I am so not going to object.)

Last night I was kind of angry and frustrated. Well, not kind of, I was angry and frustrated and not in the mood to be messed with. I had been wanting to do some yoga all day, and so even though I was mad, and irritated, and even frustrated, I was going to do yoga! Just you try and stop me. So I get on the board, and nearly fall off in shock, its been Ninety Nine days since I was last on it, oh crap. I get to the end of the little body control test thing they have, and I am 25, instead of being my actual age! The horror... I attempt to go on as normal though. So I'm doing my yoga, and I don't remember it being this hard, as I nearly fall on my butt. There was only one pose that I made a record on *sniffle* and I don't even remember which one it was! But hey, at least I got off my butt and did something healthy for a change! My back hurt so bad after I was done though, I felt old!!!! Like my Dad when he does something like shovel snow, he hobbles around in agony the rest of the day. It still hurts, pathetic, isn't it? Find your happy place, there, being healthy is easy... I wish!
Some athletic endeavors are harder though, like that Olympic stuff. Oh my gosh, I would not even want to try some of the stuff that they do! Speed racing, ha! If I even try to just picture myself doing that I'm skidding across the ice on my rear in like five seconds. I would write more about the Olympics, but I'm afraid I haven't gotten to watch much of them this year, it makes me sad. Maybe I could go to Wal-Mart and see if they have the Olympics playing their TV's there... but that would mean being able to drive.
Me, trying to get my permit, perfectly prepared, but you just know it all goes wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment