Monday, February 15, 2010

Religion, Death, and Bloody Annoying Light Bulbs

I'm a Christian. I believe in Jesus. I believe that He died on the cross for my sins. I believe that being a good person brings good things back to you, so I suppose you could say that I believe in karma. There are lots of things that I know to be true, they may not be written down anywhere, but its kinda like how a dog just knows that his/her person is coming home now so it had better get its nose out of the trash. Some things I'm just not so sure about anymore, like how many of my "God Experiences" were real and how many I made up for the sake of making myself feel accepted... but the point is, Dun Da Da Daaaaah: I know where i'm going. When I die, I mean. Not at all about life, :D I would have never expected life to give me a stupid lightbulb.

The light bulb... in the bathroom both of our light bulbs have died. I feel kind of bad for them because it was a slow and painful death full of flickering and "If you just tap it so that the light bulb moves it should come back on long enough to wash my hands..." but, at long, long last, my lovely Mother changed one, just ONE of the light bulbs. It flickers. It blinks. It is bloody annoying. At least its light though, right? There is still a problem though, the laundry. To our bathroom, there are two doors. One leads to certain death, the other to a million dollars, no, but there are two doors. The only difference really is how one leads to falling on your butt because you tripped over the mounds of laundry, and the other leads to a good meal (i.e., the kitchen). My bedroom has the death-trap door, so in the middle of the night, I have to either blind myself by turning on my bedroom light or I could fall comedically on my behind. Wow, the choices in life, eh? There is nothing to do about my falling predicament, except clean (and as all intelligent lifeforms know, cleaning should always be the last resort, found right before "Death, or clean") or deal with it. I'm going to deal with it. The light bulb is going to be changed though, otherwise I might have to hack the entire fixture right out of the wall with an ax.

What to say next? Only that I will have to tell you more about my experiences with axes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment