Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Doggie Poem

For my comp 1 class I had to write a 2-4 page multimedia memoir. I chose to write it over holding my dog Oreo while he died. As the multimedia I chose a picture of Oreo, and a poem. The poem I found was so beautiful I thought I'd post it here as well. At the end I will list the website it came from.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,


I am not there, I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly fallen snow

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

of beautiful birds in circling flight

I am in the star shine of the night

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room

I am in the birds that sing,

I am in each lovely thing

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.



This poem was taken from http://www.franscandles.com/petmemorialversespoems.htm 
It would be a good site to go to for any of you who may be mourning for an animal companion recently lost, it has lots of beautiful poetry and I believe some other things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment